Welcome (Again) to Striation 6
What follows here is our modified Welcome Email for new clients who sign up with us. The two previous versions that we had were off-brand, inauthentic, and trying too hard for a particular result - going viral rather than genuinely welcoming new exercise enthusiasts into our fold. I am including it here on the blog for three reasons:
- To welcome any current clients in a more genuine fashion;
- To iterate to anyone exploring our website what exactly it is that we stand for and why we do what we do; and,
- To recommit myself as a company founder to our Mission of "Create Health, Change Lives, and Give Back."
Welcome and Thank You
Welcome to Striation 6. We are grateful to have you in our community, and we look forward to being a meaningful part of your exercise process. Our goal is to bring exercise to you in an informed, fun way. Our aim is that you embody the progressive principles that we teach so that you may participate meaningfully and joyfully in exercise for the rest of your life. Although we will not impose many exercise goals, this is one that we must insist upon. Thank you for choosing us.
Why Striation 6?
There are various reasons why you might have chosen Striation 6 - location, price, a particular staff member or client that might have referred you; the list goes on. Or, maybe you heard something about us - that we're a bit different from most gyms. Our Mission is to create health, change lives and give back through the medium of exercise. We pride ourselves on having an educated and helpful team of Exercise Professionals who are always ready to answer your questions and authentically help you towards your exercise goals.
Our pay-per-use offering system as a full-scale fitness facility is entirely unique. And, it is aimed at our mutual benefit - you, the exercise participant, and us as a business: to keep us both accountable for your ongoing exercise participation, and to ensure that your financial participation with us is merely a step towards our mutual success, rather than being the crux of our business model.
A Very Little Bit of History
Striation 6 started in 2005 as an in-home personal training studio in the Yonge and Eglinton area of Toronto. Co-Founders Brad Thorpe and Sam Trotta joined forces in 2008 and have never looked back. Having seen the value in their respective exercise practices of Isometric Exercise, Muscle Activation Techniques™, and the progressive principles of exercise guidance taught through The Resistance Training Specialist Program, Sam and Brad are pleased to be bringing these concepts to a wider audience of clients, and to be witnessing people adopt them into their Self-Directed Workouts.
What We Stand For
At Striation 6, we have a few conduct guidelines that we proudly stand for. We do our best to carry these out every day, and we expect you to do so, too. They are:
- Exercise instruction is permitted solely under the supervision of employed or subcontracted exercise professionals of Striation 6. Anything else is fraudulent and strictly prohibited. If you want a job here, then we want to meet with you. This is not a money thing; it’s about integrity and safety.
- Your maid doesn’t work here, so please clean up after yourself. Put all weights and other exercise tools back in their proper places, and if things get wet, then wipe your sweat. Make your community proud.
- We welcome all persons who possess the desire to exercise. Please keep your language respectful, your conduct dignified, and your muscles pumping.
- Workout HARD, focusing on muscle contraction over grunting and slamming weights. Studies show that dropping weights unnecessarily and excessive bodily noise contribute to increased body fat, muscle atrophy, joint pain, and the rightly judging stares of mystified onlookers.
- Be social here – social is good. Don’t be a creepy gym pick-up person or the one that "forgets" to do laundry. Our clients actually come here to EXERCISE, so keep up the trend. Respect others’ boundaries and personal space, and help us keep our exercise community welcoming, safe, progressive and fresh-smelling.
- This is YOUR exercise community, so make it the best possible ExPerience for yourself and your fellow exercise participants. If you notice anyone conducting themselves outside of our code, let us know and we will deal with it promptly.
Opportunities for Feedback
We need your help. Our goal is to give you 100% value from your exercise process. The fatal flaw in that directive is that it is impossible to some extent. Recognizing that we will never be perfect, we will always strive to be better for you. Please click here to see some video testimonials of our client success stories, or here to read what other clients have to say about their experiences with us. Hopefully, you will share in their successes. If you ever feel that we can improve your experience with us, please let us know and we will move mountains to steer things in the right direction. Call, email, leave website feedback or, best of all, let us know in person. Of course we want to succeed as a business; however, if we are not succeeding with you in mind, then our success will always be limited. Silence helps no one - especially you!
Thank you again for giving us the chance to be a part of your exercise process, and welcome to Striation 6.
Sam Trotta, Striation 6 Co-Founder